Are you looking for some free entertainment ideas outside of the parks? Sure there is plenty to do if you have money like renting a boat or bike, fishing tours, golf, water sport, race car driving, etc… The list goes on and on. But if you are on a budget, you may not want to spend the additional big bucks on these items. Here are some suggestions of free entertainment your family can enjoy while you stay at the resorts.
- Chip N’ Dale’s campfire sing-along at Fort Wilderness can be found in the campfire section by the Meadow Trading Post. Kids big young and old can enjoy some time sing songs around the campfire while roasting marshmallows and getting autographs from Chip n Dale.
- Take a stroll on the Boardwalk and enjoy the various street perfomances. You will see a variety of shows like spinning plates, jugglers, fire eaters, and comedians.
- Some of the resort lounges have evening entertainment. After a day at the park, some of us snuck away from our rooms to enjoy a drink while watching an entertaining piano show at the Port Orlean Resort – Riverside.
- If your kids like Legos like mine do, you must go see the Lego Imagination Center in Downtown Disney. Your kids will go nut in the world’s largest Lego Store.
- Just wander around Downtown Disney and take in all the different shops and activities.
- Take a free spin on the monorail or one of the boats of Disney’s transportation system.
- Check out what your resort has to offer. All the resorts have swimming pools and other entertainment available like free evening Disney movies, video games, playgrounds, and other things that may be unique to the resort. There should be plenty of free entertainment.
- Take a stroll on the beach at the Polynesian and watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Disney World has several other resorts with beaches like the Beach Club, the Caribbean Beach Resort, and others.
- Explore the woods from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. This is definitely not an evening suggestion.:)
- Check out the exotic animals at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Try and visit all the Disney resorts. They are all unique and fun to explore.
So there you have some free entertainment ideas. I am sure there are countless other ideas and suggestions available so if you see anything suggestions to add to this list, please feel free to email them to me at email@example.com and I will consider adding them.